20044. Pastry Factory Production salty pies and wide variety of sweet pastries-Murcia Spain
This very successful factory is specialised in the production and distribution of bakery and confectionery products.
Dedicated to the preparation of traditional salty pastries such as : beef, tunafish and chicken pies, traditional Spanish “empanadas” as well as a wide variety of sweet pastries: filled with cream, almond paste, meringue or fruit.
They also prepare tasty sandwiches with extra filling and different breads, including their fabulous “family empanadas” , semi-flaky dough stuffed with fried tomato, freshly cooked egg and white tuna log, vegetable shortcrust quiche, ham… pizzas, pastelburguer XL… etc.
Quality, and innovation united in a 30-year-old project
The client portfolio ranges from large supermarket chains to smaller businesses such as , hotels and restaurants, schools and residencies, pastry shops, bakeries or gas stations with bread dispatch.
The bakery started 30 years ago as a modest family run “Bakery shop” situated in the center of the capital enjoying a wide and loyal clientele.
In 2002 the family decided that it was time to expand.
- 1972 First premises in the center of the capital.
- 1986 Second store in the center of the capital.
- 2002 Factory and new premises on a large Industrial Park 800 m2.
- 2009 Expansion of the factory to 1800m2. New workshops
- 2014 Certified in IFS.
- 2016 Latest generation cooking and chilling equipment.
- 2018 Fairs in Germany and Singapore with the Crisppie line + plant automation project.
- 2019 Hiring the services of the consulting firm TACTIO to professionalize the different departments.
- 2020 Creation of a new brand of products
The factory is based in the stunning region of Murcia-South East of Spain-
Where the sun shines more than 3.000 hours a year and its coast is bathed by two seas of warm waters. In fact, its coastline is known as the Costa Cálida where one will find long beaches and small coves offering multiple leisure, sports and wellness proposals.
One of the most attractive areas is “La Manga del Mar Menor,” a destination where one can relax enjoying the sea and the activities of its Nautical Station. In addition, one will find long and white beaches like those of San Pedro del Pinatar; Half wild coves like those of Cartagena, curious landscapes like the erosions of Mazarrón or fishing towns like Águilas.
The factory is mainly specialized in salty pies such as beef, tunafish and chicken pies, traditional Spanish “empanadas” as well as a wide variety of sweet pastries: filled with chantilly, custard cream, chocolate cream, almond paste, fruit, éclairs, meringues, tarts, profiteroles and so much more.
Also they prepare tasty sandwiches with extra filling and different breads, including their fabulous family “empanadas”, croissants, semi-flaky dough stuffed with fried tomato, freshly cooked egg and white tuna log, vegetable shortcrust quiche, ham… pizzas, pastelburguer XL… etc.
Daily production of 10.000 units/day ( see ” Expansion-Growth)
Annual production of 2.500.000 units/year ( idem)
The business owns 3 registered trade marks !!
As well as the IFS certificate of quality ; which is “quality, management certifications or specific licenses awarded by the public administrations”.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PREMISES
On the outskirts of the capital city, in the heart of the business park, they set up new production units, more than 1800 meters, fully equipped with state of the art machinery /units: freezing and cooling chambers, kitchens, ovens, mixers, dough mixers, resting chambers, filling machines and conveyor belts.
Controling the entire process, from raw materials until the final products.
Building on their success of the previous 30 years they desired to continue selling to the regional public.
Therefore they set up their own “Bakery shop “with consumption room adjacent to the production hall, much to the satisfaction of their regular customers.
This “ Bakery- Cafeteria- Restaurant” installed on 400 m2 enjoying a nice terrace area.
All of their installations work on 100% solar energie resulting in 0 % of CO2 emission.
- 45% à 55 % (during X Mas time ) of their production goes to large nationwide chains of supermarkets – ongoing contracts
- 20% is sold in their own “ Bakery shop” installed adjacent to their industrial installation
- 35% à 45 % is distributed to local businesses such as;hotels, restaurants, bars, cafeterias, residencies, schools, gasoline stations with shops, and bakery shops
Actually the company operates with a staff of 14 well trained employees.
The team is their main value:
15% of the staff are engineers, technicians and graduates.
Continuous training for all members of the staff is offered; their knowledge and commitment have made their success possible.
All members of this staff could remain with the new owner if so desired.
- Currently the factory works only one shift, the maximum production capacity varies depending on the product to be made.
- For example : their “top selling product – the meat pie (220gr)”, has a capacity of 60.000 units/week and currently they produce only 24.000 units/week.
- Plans are already on the table to expand on international base.
Unfortunately due to the recent decease of the founder of this successfull company these projects are “on hold” .
A yearly turnover of 1.500.000 euro is reached enjoying a “bruto margen” of 58,36 % and nice EBITDA.
CONCLUSION AND PRICING
Due to the recent decease of the founder of the company, the heirs decided to list the copany for sale.
There are two options offered
- LEASEHOLD : at 575.000 euro and a monthy rent of the premises at 3.450€/month
- FREEHOLD : at 1.265.000 euro full ownership of the 1.800m2 premises including the “ Bakery shop/Cafeteria “