Price: On Request
21134 Rural Hotel 4 * - 11 rooms- Garden- swimming pool- Province of Cáceres
A hotel full of character: unique architecture, abundant light, and large spaces. Natural materials such as stone and wood, glass walls or floors.
This unique and elegant rural hotel features 11 double rooms, all with private bathroom, a separate dining room, terraces, dedicated client´s parking area, and a 4.000 m2 lush garden with swimming pool.
The building includes a spectacular high ceiling owner´s apartment with 2 bedrooms, bathroom, and breathtaking living area.
Various storage rooms and professional installations complete this hospitality business.
The original building was an old pepper and firewood drying facility at the beginning of 1900.
The hotel has been endowed with an avant-garde look where transparency and clean surfaces are predominant.
Inside the house the clay flooring combines with stone walls and the wood ceilings with modern glass flooring, all in harmony with a contemporary interior design.
An interior patio with idyllic water piece is perfect to enjoy a drink or simply to reconcile with the world.
In 1998 the farm was bought with the pepper dryer in semi ruin. During the next three years the rehabilitation of the drying room and the farm was carried out to transform into a 4-star hotel.
The actual owners kept a book where the entire process is documented.
In 2001 the hotel was opened to the public and remains open to this day under same owner management.
Located in the beautiful region of La Vera, north of the province of Cáceres. The hotel is surrounded by a protected natural space of 650 hectares full of oak trees, green meadows, a large lagoon and a lot of animal life.
An ideal place for walking and enjoy nature at the very doors of the hotel.
Activities- Excursions – Visits
- the region of La Vera with more than 45 gorges of wild and crystal-clear water,
- five villages declared historic and artistic ensemble or the Real Monasterio de Yuste.
- the Valle de Jerte, famous for the blooming of its thousands of cherry trees,
- Parque Nacional de Monfrague, where black vultures’ nest.
- Golf course of Talayuela with 18-holes (18 kilometers from the hotel) or
- urban Spa just 5 km away.
In addition, and on demand, the hotel management can organize, horseback riding excursions, canoeing descent down the River Tietar, bike rental, excursions in quads or paintball, bird watching in Monfragüe.
For culture lovers there are various visits, such as:
- the monastery of Yuste,
- The city of Plasencia with its palaces and cathedrals,
- The city of Hervas, founded by the Knights Templar and started to grow during 13th and 14th centuries.
- Guijo de Granadilla … history, tradition and culture.
Nearby City Trip
The hotel is at 130 km from the Medieval city of Cáceres. This city is the capital of the province of the same name Cáceres in the Extremadura region.
This World Heritage city is located 300 kilometers southwest of Spain’s vibrant capital Madrid, on the Silver Route (=Vía de la Plata), an old Roman road that forms one of the “Caminos to Santiago de Compostela” ( Holy Road to Santiago de Compostela).
The absolute top attraction of Cáceres is the old walled city center, which consists of a labyrinth of narrow streets with numerous idyllic squares, palaces, churches and monasteries such as the Santa Maria Church and the Moorish Veleta Palace.
Most of the palaces, churches and monasteries date from the twelfth up to the sixteenth century, when the city flourished as a political and trade center after the conquest of the Christians from the Moors.
Traces from the Moorish and even Roman times can still be found in numerous buildings, including in the city wall and the stunning underground water reservoir (=aljibe) of the medieval city. A water reservoir of about 10 by 15 meters, in which rainwater was collected to provide the residents of the entire city with water. The water reservoir is located under the Valetas Palace, which is part of the Museo de Cáceres (=museum of Cáceres). Roman remains can also be seen in the Valetas Palace.
The Hotel is fully licensed and holds
- A 4 Stars qualification in the “Rural Hotel” category
- And a proper Tourist Registration Number
As a result of the hotel “avant- Garde” design, the rooms seem to hang like cubes inside the building from where one accesses by the oak staircase and glass walkways. In the interior there is lots of natural light even in the bathrooms. Neutral tones, sloping roofs and stone walls converse with the sought nakedness of the other walls only broken by the color of the original art of young painters
The hotel has 11 rooms:
Three superior doubles,
Two Junior suite.
Each and every of the double rooms of the hotel are different, all of them have views of the valley, some are paved with curved stone walls and decorated with original works of art.
All the rooms feature full en-suite bathroom with natural light, television, closet, air conditioning, heating, hair dryer, Wi-Fi, soap dispensers, balcony.
The two junior suites dispose over 30 m2 surface. They are situated on the top floor of the hotel with amazing views of the Valle de la Vera.
GARDEN and PLOT
- Garden- Plot of 5000 m² fully landscaped farm with trees over 20 years old, hedges, a wide variety of species and manicured lawn.
- Fully automated drip irrigation and sprinkling.
- Outdoor pool 6 x 11 m surrounded by a garden and rest area with hammocks.
- Parking with shaded pergola for 13 vehicles.
- OPTIONAL for acquisition is a 5000 m² annexed farm with fig plantation- production.
The words that best define the building are “space and light”.
Old pepper dryer from the early twentieth century made of masonry stone. Avant-garde design architecture with large iron beams, large iron and glass partitions, terracotta and glass floors, oak staircases, wooden ceilings, two fireplaces,
- Constructed area 950 m²
- Partially covered patio with pool and Chill Out area 600 m²
- Granite terrace 60 m²
- a 300 m² large social room,
- dining room, restaurant
- fully equipped industrial kitchen (industrial propane gas stove, conventional oven and microwave, deep fryer, industrial dishwasher, refrigerator …) with attached pantry and employee toilet. With large windows and natural light and direct access to the dining room and terrace.
- storage rooms,
When the project to create a rural hotel was launched in 1999, the owners decided that one of the basic pillars had to be the hotel’s relationship with the environment.
They plan to carry out a rehabilitation based on bioclimatic parameters. These parameters included aspects of the building’s own architectural design as well as the progressive incorporation of different systems and strategies that made it possible to create a building with a reduced ecological footprint.
After arduous struggle and a close relationship with the team of architects and others involved in the project, a hotel was built that incorporated a whole series of bioclimatic parameters and techniques from the beginning,
Among the most important:
– Transparent floors were used that allow the passage of natural light from the skylight to the living room 14 meters below.
– “Cross ventilation” systems were designed in the rooms, and “chimney effect” in the living room, as the Etruscans did two thousand years ago.
– All bathrooms were designed with natural light.
– Screen-type fiberglass screens were incorporated into the balconies to prevent the entry of solar radiation in summer.
– The building was equipped with a self-ventilated roof specifically designed for the hotel, which achieves great effectiveness with a very light weight.
– Underfloor heating with water was incorporated in the common areas to avoid energy losses due to the high ceilings in these areas. In addition to working with water at a low temperature of 45º
– A purification plant has been created to treat wastewater. The treated water can meet the irrigation needs (microdiffusion drip and sprinkling) of the garden.
– and much more
INTEGRATED OWNERS’ APARTMENT
The building also integrates a state-of-the-art owner apartment with a surface of 90 m2 and comfortable independent entrance.
Great rooms with modern open- loft feel and huge panoramic windows.
It features two spacious bedrooms and a modern full bathroom with natural light.
The restaurant features 9 tables + 7 tables on the terrace.
With capacity for 50 guests.
It serves continental breakfast, local specialties, and local agricultural products.
Gastronomic menu and menus.
Fully equipped kitchen (see above)
- The hotel appears in almost every “Reservation website”. In all of them the hotel has great classifications.
- It also participates in Gift boxes such as: Smartbox, wonderbox, beautiful life, vip vip.
- Business incentive programs. Existent cooperation with some large corporations in the region
- The hotel runs its own website with a proper online booking engine, available in three languages
- Present on the main Social networks. Facebook and Instagram.
The majority client is national, from all over Spain. Actually the international client is a minority.
Economic level of the medium-high client.
Currently this is an unexploited business line.
Although a very interesting and highly profitable business line to be exploited by a new owner. Moreover, when advertising on international “Wedding Sites” attracting international clientele.
Since 2008 the actual owner keeps the hotel open only between 90 and 100 days a year, limited only to weekends and Easter and about 20 days in summer
Resulting in 90.000 euro for this very limited period.
A conservative estimate of a “normal” opening of 11 months a year would lead to a turnover of around 300.000 euros per year to be increased by organizing multiple venues per year.
Additionally, it is highly recommended for new owners to open alternative business lines: venues/ events/ celebrations as well as opening restaurant and cafeteria, to the non-hosted public.
CONCLUSION AND PRICING
This extraordinary Hotel, completely built according to sustainability criteria, using sophisticated technical systems is
on the market for 2.120.000 euro INCLUDING FULL PROPERTY.
NOTE: OPTIONAL for acquisition is a 5000 m² annexed farm with fig plantation- production.